Beginner Patchwork Workshop
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Please note: All class registrations are final; please view our Cancellation Policy and Covid-19 Policy for more information. By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to abide by these policies. Thank you for supporting our small business!
If you've been wanting to learn to sew patchwork quilts, this is the class for you! In this three-hour workshop, instructor Giuseppe Ribaudo will take students on a tour of beginner patchwork -- the process of sewing small pieces of fabric together to make a larger composition.
In this class you'll learn:
- Beginner-level patchwork basics
- How to accurately cut fabric with a rotary cutter and cutting mat
- How to assemble your fabric pieces (you must have machine sewing experience; see below)
- How to iron in quilting
- The specific cutting and assembly methods used in a simple quilt block
- Each student will make one complete quilt block, approx 12"
- We will provide cutting mats, rotary cutters and rulers to share.
- Each student will have access to their own sewing machine courtesy of BERNINA of America.
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. Students must have basic machine sewing knowledge and be comfortable using a sewing machine. If you do not know how to sew, please take our Sewing 101 class as a prerequisite to this class.
Fabric will be available to purchase during class at a 10% discount to workshop attendees.
Date & Time: select above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company (here's where we're located)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Giuseppe Ribaudo (AKA Giucy Giuce) learned to sew from his grandmother at a young age. In 2008 he began quilting and has never looked back. Giuseppe resides in Sunnyside, Queens and is an avid modern traditionalist quilter. He has a great passion for simple design in bright, bold colors. Check out his colorful quilting work on Instagram here!