Join Our Team
Thanks for your interest in joining the team at Brooklyn Craft Company! We are currently hiring for the following roles:
Workshop & Private Event Instructors
We are currently hiring instructors to teach the following:
- Kids Fiber Crafts - PreK through 5th grade (Wednesday and Friday afternoons at our partner location. Immediate Start!)
- Natural Bundle Dye
- Shibori Dyeing
- Loom Weaving
- Candle Making
- Basket Weaving
- Sewing (Evenings, Saturday mornings)
- Needle Felting (Saturdays)
- Calligraphy/ Hand Lettering (Weekday/Evenings)
- Shoe Making
- Embroidery (Weekdays/ Saturday mornings)
- Feel free to propose workshops not listed here as our needs are always changing!
We are seeking friendly, outgoing folks with expertise in one or more areas of crafting/ DIY. Teaching experience is not necessary, but is helpful.
Instructors typically teach anywhere from 1-8 workshops per month depending on availability and our event schedule. We host both public and private workshops at our Greenpoint shop, go off-site for private events of all sizes, and host both public and private virtual workshops.
Click here to apply!
Looking forward to reading your submissions. Thank you!
Retail & Events Operations
- Sales and customer service, including but not limited to: Helping customers pick out the best tools and materials for their projects, educating customers on our workshop offerings, etc.
- Set-up for and assist with workshops and events
- Keep the shop organized and tidy, including basic cleaning tasks like dusting, sweeping, etc.
- Process incoming merchandise shipments
- Pack and ship online orders
- Assist with inventory management and merchandizing, both in-store and online
- Prepare materials and kits for our workshops and events
- An efficient and fast worker with strong attention to detail
- A focused self-starter
- Flexible-- We're a growing small business who will need to rely on you for many things, and day to day tasks will vary!
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Very interested/ experienced in crafting!
- Must be available Saturdays + at least two weeknights, totaling 15-25 hours per week.
- Flexible schedule (Our needs may vary slightly week to week depending on our event schedule)
- Must be available days surrounding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's (We are closed on the actual holiday dates)
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to be on your feet/ active for 6-8 hours per day
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Small business retail experience a huge plus
- Per NYC requirements, all employees must show proof they have received a Covid-19 vaccine
- **Must have strong knowledge of at least one fiber craft, preferably knitting or sewing. The ideal candidate would have interest in a wide range of crafts, and would be excited to learn about more crafts**