GREENPOINT WORKSHOP: Sew a Watson Bra
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Please note: All class registrations are final; please view our Cancellation Policy and Covid-19 Policy for more information. By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to abide by these policies. Thank you for supporting our small business!
Learn to sew your own soft bra in this in-person sewing workshop at our Greenpoint shop!
Under the guidance of teacher Christine Haynes during a special NYC visit, you'll learn the how to make a Watson Bra by Cloth Habit, custom fit to your body!
The Watson is a 70s-inspired bra perfect for lounging or dressing up! It is a very easy-to-wear style with a plunge neckline and is designed for stretch fabrics in the cups. Make it as a longline bra for a little glamour (and more lift!) or try the shorter band for a very simple day bra.
You'll learn how to:
- Work with stretch lingerie fabrics
- Apply both strap elastic and plush trim elastic
- Create adjustable bra straps with rings and sliders
- Clean finish bra seams
- Understand bra construction and gain the skills to tackle more complicated lingerie projects
This is a 2-part workshop being held on the following dates:
Wednesday 2/2 and Friday 2/4 at 6:30-9:30pm
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. Students must have basic machine sewing knowledge and be comfortable using a sewing machine. Previous garment sewing experience is highly recommended to enjoy success in this workshop.
- Watson Bra pattern by Cloth Habit -- Purchase the PDF pattern here! Please print and assemble your pattern before arriving for class!
- Brookyn Craft Co's Watson Bra Kit (includes milliskin stretch fabric, lining fabric, powernet, strap elastic, plush trim elastic, rings and sliders, hook & eye, matching thread). Please note: In order to ensure a smooth learning experience, we are requiring that all students use the kit we have created for this workshop. Lingerie supply shopping can be tricky and it's easy for newbies to end up with the wrong products, so we have intentionally selected fabric & elastics to you set you up for success. :) Students will receive a link to pre-order this kit 1-2 weeks before the workshop.
- All tools will be available for use during class!
Date & Time: 2 evenings-- see dates above! Please note: the date you select a the top of the page is the first of three parts for this workshop.
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $150, includes 6 hours of instruction, and use of our BERNINA sewing machines. Does NOT include fabric or notions-- All required materials will be available for purchase during class at a 10% discount. Pattern must be purchased and printed in advance at the link above.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information regarding visiting visiting instructors.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Christine Haynes is a Brooklyn-based sewing author, teacher, and pattern designer. Christine grew up in Saugatuck, MI, a small beach community on the southwestern coast of Lake Michigan, where the arts were part of her daily life. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the department of Film, Video, and New Media.
Her mother taught her to sew around the age of 10, and it grew from a personal hobby, until it became her main artistic outlet. After selling ready-to-wear garments for many years, Christine turned her focus to teaching others to experience the joy of making clothing for themselves through her patterns, books, and workshops.
Christine can be found at www.christinehaynes.com and on Instagram at @christinehaynes.