Beginner Cross Stitch Workshop
Learn to cross stitch! In this beginner workshop, you’ll master cross-stitch basics as you complete a cute little succulent pattern that you can take home and hang on your walls.
This class will cover:
- How to read and work from cross stitch pattern chart
- What types of fabric, embroidery floss, needles and other tools are required
- How to do the cross stitch + other techniques you'll need
- How to follow a chart as you work to create your desired image on your fabric
- How to “frame” your finished piece in an embroidery hoop
You’ll leave with a finished hoop and the know-how to tackle more cross stitch projects on your own! All materials needed will be provided and are included in class cost, including pattern, fabric, embroidery floss, hoop, and needle.
We'll be working from a pattern of adorable mini succulents created by The Stitch Mill, an independent pattern designer in New York state. You will choose one tiny succulent to work on as your class project, and will leave with the know-how to make the entire group!
Date: select date above
Time: select time above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $45 includes materials needed to make project shown
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Angela Stewart is the artist and designer behind Homework Party. She makes unreal hand embroidered patches, specializing in custom fabrication for apparel, decor, cosplay, and vintage restorations. Check out more on Instagram @homework_party!