Natural Bundle Dye Workshop
Learn the beautiful art of natural bundle dyeing! In this three-hour workshop led by instructor Molly George, you'll gain an understanding of how to work with natural dyes as you explore the process of bundle dyeing.
This workshop will cover:
- Introduction to natural dye plants and mordants
- Introduction to protein-based and cellulose-based fibers
- Overview of natural dyestuffs including onion skins, cochineal, turmeric, avocado skins, fresh and dried flowers, black tea, eucalyptus, and more
- How to bundle dye on silk and cotton, including how to prepare the fabric, place the dyestuffs, bundle the fabric, and steam the fabric on a stovetop.
- Each student will leave with two dyed pieces (a cotton dish towel and a silk scarf), and the know-how to design and create more pieces on your own.
Class fee includes instruction and all the necessary supplies and materials (including dyestuffs and fabrics). No prior experience necessary - beginners welcome!
DATE: select above
CLASS LENGTH: 3 hours
LOCATION: Brooklyn Craft Company (here’s where we’re located)
COST: $65 includes all materials and tools necessary to make a cotton and silk dyed piece.
Receive 10% off all store purchases on the day of your class!
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Molly George is a textile artist and teacher living in Brooklyn, NY. She is a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), a practicing artist, and a youth and adult teacher in the textile arts. In March of this year Molly studied natural dyeing in a Natural Pigments artist residency with Arquetopia in Oaxaca, Mexico, and she is excited to share the knowledge she learned there with our students.