Wildwood Wrap Dress Pattern (Sizes 00 - 22)
The Wildwood Wrap Dress is perfect for the office, parties, weddings or when you just feel like wearing a dress. It is a true wrap dress, although with a detached, obi inspired belt. The beauty of this dress is created by the drape of the shawl collar and enhanced by the waist and shoulder pleats. It has generous front pockets, and a slim skirt with a wide, faced hem. French seams are used to construct the upper bodice so version B looks pretty once the sleeves are rolled up. Choose a below the knee hem or longer midi-length hem.
Although it was originally designed with linen fabrics in mind, short sleeve version A also looks great in slinky and drapey silks and rayon fabrics. The dolman sleeve version B works best with more stable fabrics such as linen and cotton.
This pattern is rated intermediate due to the skirt facing technique and French seamed shawl collar and shoulders.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Sizes: 00 - 22
- Suggested Fabrics:
- Sleeve Version A and B - dress weight linen, linen blends, supple cotton lawn, cotton ikat, dress weight cottons that aren't too stiff
- Sleeve Version A (additional fabrics) - rayons, silk, fabrics with some drape
- *Note that Sleeve B does not roll up well with drapey fabrics
- Notions: thread, light weight fusible interfacing, (1) 3/4"/18mm button, 42"/107 cm of 1/4"/ 6 mm wide twill tape or readymade ties. Optional: small hook and eye
- Fabric Requirements: Shown in chart in last photo