VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Knit a Chunky Scarf
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Ready to step up your knitwear game?! Learn to purl AND how to add fringe to any project while you work through our Epic Fringe Scarf pattern! This scarf is knit with super simple stitches, but gets mega style points thanks to its over-the-top fringe and chunky texture.
In this workshop, we'll cover basics of this simple, portable craft of turning string into fabric. With a pair of needles, some yarn and a little basic know-how, you'll be on your way to knitting nirvana.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- Yarn & needle information
- A review of casting on & the knit stitch
- The purl stitch
- How to make fringe
- How to bind off to finish any project
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: You must have basic knitting skills to attend this workshop, including: casting on and the knit stitch. Our Knitting 101 workshop (or equivalent experience) is a prerequisite to this class-- register here.
Materials + Tools Required:
**Save 10% when you purchase supplies from Brooklyn Craft Company with code KNITSCARF10**
- 2 balls Crazy Sexy Wool OR Cascade Magnum OR Magnum Tweed
- Optional: Small amounts of other yarns for fringe (variety of weights and colors) - browse all yarns here
- 14” long piece of cardboard
- Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- Crochet hook or paper clip
Date & Time: select date above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Cost: $30, supplies not included (please see list above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor