GREENPOINT WORKSHOP: Sewing 101 - Tote Bag
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
**All workshops are for ages 18+**
For total beginners--if you've been wanting to learn to sew or you haven't touched a machine in years, this is the class for you! In just one session we'll walk you through the basics; you'll leave class with a finished, lined tote bag. Here's what we'll cover:
- Basic intro to a sewing machine, including how to sew a straight seam
- How to cut fabric accurately
- Pinning and sewing seams, understanding seam allowance
- Creating a lining for a bag, and attaching straps
- Leave class with an understanding of sewing fundamentals, and the knowledge to tackle more sewing projects on your own!
Materials will be available for purchase in our retail shop at a 10% discount to students. All tools needed to complete this class will be provided, including sewing machines courtesy of BERNINA of America.
Date: select date above
Time: select time above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here's where we're located)
Cost: $85.00 + materials purchase during class; you will select your choice of fabric.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Thank you to BERNINA for furnishing Brooklyn Craft Company’s sewing machines. Visit BERNINA online at WeAllSew.com.