Patternmaking 101: A-Line Skirt
Step up your garment-sewing game and learn to draft your own patterns in this four-session class series!
- Learn to measure the body properly for garment fitting
- Draft your own pattern for an a-line skirt, perfectly sized to your body measurements
- Your custom pattern can be used again and again
- Cut, sew and construct your skirt in the fabric of your choice
- Learn to sew darts, make a waistband, install a zipper, and hem your skirt
- Leave class with a finished skirt, perfect fit to you -- and the pattern and knowledge to make more!
This is an advanced-beginner class. YOU MUST BE COMFORTABLE WORKING ON A SEWING MACHINE and have some basic experience sewing garments.
Pattern paper, sewing machines, irons, and other necessary tools will be provided, but fabric is not included in registration fee. Fabric will be available for purchase during class with a 10% student discount.
Important Note on Class Dates
This is a four-session class (Wednesdays; March 22 - April 12; 6:30pm-9:30pm. You must be available to attend all four sessions; make-up dates will not be available if you miss a class.
Date: Four Wednesdays; March 22 - April 12
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company's NEW LOCATION, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here's where we're located)
Cost: $195.00 + fabric purchase during class; you will select your choice of fabric.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Nicole Smith is an author, designer, and teacher living in Brooklyn, New York. She is the author of several sewing books; her latest, Skirt-A-Day Sewing, is available now. After working as an editor for many craft magazines including Stitch, Threads, and SewStylish, she now works full-time at Etsy where she helps designers across the globe promote their shops.
Find Nicole online here: Twitter, Instagram, Blog
Thank you to BERNINA for furnishing Brooklyn Craft Company's sewing machines. Visit BERNINA online at WeAllSew.com.