Mock Batik Workshop
In this fun workshop you'll learn a surprising technique for creating your own batik-style textiles, to achieve the distinctive look of batik without the complicated traditional hot-wax method. Instead, we'll use glue as a resist and acrylic paint as dye, for an effect that looks beautiful and is easy and fun.
In this three-hour workshop you will:
- Learn how to plan your design and create your own batik-style textiles.
- How to create a resist on your fabric using glue instead of wax.
- How to apply acrylic paint to add color and texture to your cloth.
- How to rinse and finish your piece.
- Each student will leave with a finished cotton dish towel, and the know-how to design and create more pieces on your own.
Class fee includes instruction and all the necessary supplies and materials. No prior experience necessary - beginners welcome!
DATE & TIME: select above
LOCATION: Brooklyn Craft Company (here’s where we’re located)
COST: $55 includes all materials and tools necessary to make a cotton dish cloth.
Receive 10% off all store purchases on the day of your class!
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Rose Pearlman is a Brooklyn based painter, teacher and textile
designer. She has been teaching art in public schools and museums for
the past 13 years. In addition, she leads a variety of fiber art
workshops such as macrame, textile printing, and rug hooking. Rose has
shown her art in galleries in the Northeast, and is the author of Tied
with String, a book of simple handmade gifts.