Layered Macrame with Niroma Studio
Learn to make a stunning layered wall hanging in this special workshop with visiting instructor Cindy Bokser, founder of Niroma Studio!
In this three-hour workshop you will:
- Make a large layered wall hanging, measuring approximately 18" wide by 30" long.
- Learn the techniques to create a layered macrame piece with intricate knotted details, using 3 mm single twist string.
- Explore symmetry and balance to create the draped design.
- Learn to make patterns and shapes within the piece.
- Master a variety of macrame knots.
- Leave with a finished wall hanging, and the know-how to design and create more pieces on your own.
NOTE: This is a "confident beginner" level macrame class. Students must have a bit of macrame experience and should be comfortable working a square knot and double half hitch knot. (You can take any of our macrame workshops to gain these skills if needed!)
Class fee includes instruction and all the necessary supplies and materials, including cord.
DATE: Select above
CLASS LENGTH: 3 hours
LOCATION: Brooklyn Craft Company (here’s where we’re located)
COST: $95 includes all materails necessary to make an 18" wide wall hanging.
Receive 10% off all store purchases on the day of your class!
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Cindy Bokser is a self-taught fiber artist based in New Jersey. She left her decade-long career in advertising and PR to pursue her fiber art practice and grow her specialty fiber brand, launching Niroma Studio in 2015.
Cindy is the co-founder of Macrame Movement, a global community of over 3,000 macrame artists and artisans on Facebook, and the host and creator of "The Fiber Artist Podcast," which can be found on iTunes and on Niromastudio.com (launching in mid-June).
Cindy has an M.A. in Visual Arts Administration from New York University and a B.S. in Communication Studies from Northwestern University.
She lives with her husband and two children in Sparta, NJ. Follow Cindy on Instagram @niromastudio for more!