VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Sew a Sagebrush Top
Learn to sew an elegant blouse in this virtual workshop led by Christine Haynes!
In this three-evening workshop, you'll make a Friday Pattern Co. Sagebrush Top, featuring puff sleeves, a gathered front, and a back neckline tie! Best of all, this pattern comes in sizes XS-7X! This project is great for advanced beginners looking to expand their garments skills.
You'll learn how to:
- Measure the body accurately to create a perfect fit
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from paper pattern pieces, and more
- Sew puff sleeves with elastic cuffs
- Sew a gathered front, back neckline tie, and wide hem
This is a three-evening workshop being held on the following dates:
Wednesday 8/4 at 6:30pm-7:30pm EST - The instructor will demo how to properly print and assemble the PDF pattern, plus how to cut the fabric. Students are to complete these steps at their own pace between the first and second session.
Saturday 8/7 at 4pm-6:30pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Sunday 8/8 at 4pm-6:30pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
**There may be homework between sessions 2 and 3!**
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. This workshop is suitable for advanced beginners who are comfortable using their sewing machine and have completed a few projects.
Materials + Tools Required
**Save 10% on supplies purchased at Brooklyn Craft Co with code SAGEBRUSH10**
- Sagebrush Top Pattern -- Purchase pattern here!
- 1.75 - 3 yards (depending on size and fabric width. See size chart above!) light to medium weight woven fabric like linen, chambray, or cotton.
- 1 spool of all-purpose sewing thread
- 1 yard 1/2" elastic
- Straight pins
- Fabric scissors
- Tailor's chalk or other marking tool
- Safety Pin
- Sewing machine -- please make sure your machine is in good working order before registering for this workshop.
- Iron and ironing board or mat
Date & Time: Three evenings-- see dates above! Please note: the date you select a the top of the page is the first of three parts for this workshop.
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed within 24-48 hours before the workshop begins.
Max # of students: 8
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Christine Haynes is a Brooklyn-based sewing author, teacher, and pattern designer. Christine grew up in Saugatuck, MI, a small beach community on the southwestern coast of Lake Michigan, where the arts were part of her daily life. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the department of Film, Video, and New Media.
Her mother taught her to sew around the age of 10, and it grew from a personal hobby, until it became her main artistic outlet. After selling ready-to-wear garments for many years, Christine turned her focus to teaching others to experience the joy of making clothing for themselves through her patterns, books, and workshops.