VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Knit a Striped Summer Top
Learn to knit a striped summer top! If you're a confident beginner who has mastered knitting basics and are looking to tackle larger projects, this virtual workshop is for you!
You might be intimidated by the thought of making a sweater....don't be! For this workshop, we'll be making a totally non-fussy sweater-- only basic skills are needed. You've got this!
In this three-part workshop, we'll work to make your new favorite summer top. You will learn:
- Yarn & needle information
- How to knit the stockinette stitch
- How to knit stripes
- How to create a sweater body, arm holes and neckline
- How to assemble all components
- All the skills needed to construct a basic sweater from start to finish
This is three-part virtual workshop taking place on the following Tuesday evenings:
5/11 at 6:30pm-8:30pm
5/18 at 6:30pm-7:30pm (Optional check-in session for troubleshooting)
5/25 at 6:30pm-8:30pm
**There will be knitting homework between sessions**
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: You must have basic knitting skills to attend this workshop, including: casting on and the knit stitch. If you are a total newbie, attend one of our Virtual Knitting 101 workshops first- register here.
**Use code SUMMERTOP10 for 10% off supplies purchased on our site!**
- 3-5 balls Shiny Happy Cotton yarn depending on size-- see chart above. (If you'd like a specific color that we don't have in stock, we are happy to order it for you!)
- 24" Circular Knitting Needles -- Sz 10.5
- Tapestry Needle
Date & Time: select start date above
Class Length: Approximately six hours total over three sessions
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Cost: $95, supplies not included (please see list above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor