VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Sew Pajama Pants
Nothing says cozy like PAJAMA PANTS! In this two-part virtual workshop hosted via Zoom, you'll learn to sew a pair pj pants from start to finish!
The workshop will include a pattern with sizes to fit women, men, and children, so you can make pj's for yourself, for someone special... or just go ahead and make a matching set for the whole family!
You'll complete a pair of pajama pants, have a pattern that is yours to keep (shipped to you upon registration), and the know-how to sew more garments on your own.
Students will learn how to:
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from tissue paper pattern pieces, and more
- Understand garment sewing basics such as proper fabric prep, pinning, cutting, ironing and trouble shooting
- Cut fabric and assemble a garment the right way
- Construct pants, plus how to make a waistband and hem.
This is a two-part workshop taking place on:
Saturday 5/16 at 3pm-4:30pm and Sunday, 5/17 at 3pm-4:30pm
*Students must be available to attend both sessions*
Skill requirements: This is a beginner garment sewing workshop; you do not need to have any experience sewing clothing, but you must have basic machine-sewing skills. If you're unsure whether you have enough sewing experience for this class, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you decide if this class is for you.
Materials + Tools
- 1 - 2.75 yards light or medium weight non-stretchy fabric depending on size chosen (see size chart in photos above). Recommended fabrics include: cotton and cotton blends, flannel, and chambray.
- 1 spool of all-purpose sewing thread
- 2 yards of 1" wide elastic
- Straight pins
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine -- Please make sure your machine is in good working order before registering for this workshop :)
Date & Time: Select start date above (this is the first of two sessions)
Class Length: Approximately 1.5 hours per session
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed after you register
Max # of students: 6
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Diana Rodgers is a teaching artist living in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Since earning a BFA in apparel design from FIT, she has enjoyed a varied creative career including fashion designer, entrepreneur, and teacher. The ‘common thread’ among all these endeavors is sewing. Diana currently teaches weekly sewing classes to children and adults, covering everything from clothing to accessories to quilts. When not teaching, she creates sewn illustrations (or applique), inspired by all the things that make her feel nostalgic. You can check 'em out on Instagram @wonderthreads