VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Sew a Nexus Blouse
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Learn to sew a versatile long-sleeve blouse in this virtual workshop led by Christine Haynes!
In this four-evening workshop, you'll make a chic Papercut Patterns Nexus Blouse. This blouse features a button up V-neck that can be worn to the front or the back. Choose between a shirt tail hemline or a cropped straight hem, and select your favorite sleeve option – a wide airy shape, or a cuffed and gathered sleeve with a button fastening. Whichever your preferred style, the Nexus will be your go-to blouse all year round!
You'll learn how to:
- Print and assemble a PDF pattern at home (you're welcome to use the paper copy of the pattern instead, if you'd like!)
- Measure the body accurately to create a perfect fit
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from paper pattern pieces, and more
- Sew cuffed and gathered sleeves
- Practice sewing buttonholes
This is a four-evening workshop being held on the following dates:
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. This workshop is suitable for advanced beginners who are comfortable using their sewing machine and have completed a few projects.
Materials + Tools Required
**Save 10% on supplies purchased at Brooklyn Craft Co with code NEXUS10**
- Nexus Blouse Pattern -- Purchase the PDF here!
- 1.5-2.5 yds (depending on size and blouse version sewn; see charts above in photos) light to medium weight woven fabrics with drape, for example: rayons, rayon blends, silk.
- Fusible interfacing
- 1.25cm/0.5” buttons (4 for cropped blouse; 5 for long blouse; 4 for cuffs)
- 1 spool of all-purpose sewing thread
- Straight pins
- Fabric scissors
- Tailor's chalk or other marking tool
- Sewing machine -- please make sure your machine is in good working order before registering for this workshop.
- Iron and ironing board or mat
Date & Time: Four evenings-- see dates above! Please note: the date you select a the top of the page is the first of four parts for this workshop.
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed within 24-48 hours before the workshop begins.
Max # of students: 8
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Christine Haynes is a Brooklyn-based sewing author, teacher, and pattern designer. Christine grew up in Saugatuck, MI, a small beach community on the southwestern coast of Lake Michigan, where the arts were part of her daily life. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the department of Film, Video, and New Media.
Her mother taught her to sew around the age of 10, and it grew from a personal hobby, until it became her main artistic outlet. After selling ready-to-wear garments for many years, Christine turned her focus to teaching others to experience the joy of making clothing for themselves through her patterns, books, and workshops.
Christine can be found at www.christinehaynes.com and on Instagram at @christinehaynes.