VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Knit a Chunky Sweater
Learn to knit a sweater! If you're a confident beginner who has mastered knitting basics and are looking to tackle larger projects, this virtual workshop is for you!
You might be intimidated by the thought of making a sweater....don't be! For this workshop, we'll be making a totally non-fussy sweater using chunky yarn-- meaning it will knit up quickly and only basic skills are needed. You've got this!
In this three-part workshop, we'll work to make your new favorite sweater. You will learn:
- Yarn & needle information
- How to knit the jersey stitch
- How to create a sweater body and sleeves
- How to assemble all components
- All the skills needed to construct a basic sweater from start to finish
This is three-part virtual workshop taking place on the following dates:
Tuesday 1/5 at 6:30-8:30pm
Tuesday 1/12 at 6:30-7:30pm
Tuesday 1/19 at 6:30-8:30pm
Wednesday 2/17 at 6:30-8:30pm
Wednesday 2/24 at 6:30-7:30pm (optional check-in session)
Wednesday 3/3 at 6:30-8:30pm
Materials + Tools Required:
**Save 10% when you purchase supplies on our site or at our shop with code KNITSWEATER10
- 4 - 7 balls of Crazy Sexy Wool OR Cascade Magnum OR Magnum Tweed depending on size (see chart above). If we don't have the quantity or color you need, email us (email@example.com)! We're happy to place a special order for you.
- Tape measure to determine your size
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: You must have basic knitting skills to attend this workshop, including: casting on, the knit stitch, and the purl stitch. If you are a total newbie, attend one of our Knitting 101 workshops first- register here.
Date: select start date above (this is a three-part workshop)
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor