VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Crochet a Cropped Granny Jacket
Learn to crochet a cropped granny square jacket! If you've mastered crochet basics and are looking to expand your skills and tackle larger projects, this virtual workshop is for you!
In this five-part workshop, we'll work through the Cropped Granny Jacket by amazing UK-based designer Theodora Burrow of Theodora Goes Wild. We'll cover:
- Yarn & hook information
- How to create granny squares and half granny squares
- How to seam together granny squares
- How to add decorative edging
- Troubleshooting along the way as your project comes together
This is five-part virtual workshop taking place on the following dates. Please note: all sessions are recorded and video access is provided within 24 hours, so if you can't make one of the sessions, no worries! You are free to use the video to catch up at your own pace.
**There will be stitching homework to complete between each session!**
Materials and Tools Required:
*Save 10% when you purchase supplies at Brooklyn Craft Company with code GRANNYJACKET10*
- Cropped Granny Jacket PDF Pattern-- Purchase here!
- DK Weight Yarn (please see pattern for specific quantities and be sure to refer to yardage when substituting yarn. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!) Cascade 220 Superwash would work well!
- Crochet hook in size 3.5mm, 4mm, or 4.5mm depending on size/ tension (see pages 2 & 8 of the pattern for more info!)
- Tape measure to determine your size/ measure motifs
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: You must have confident beginner/intermediate crochet skills to attend this workshop, and must have knowledge/comfort with the following: single crochet, double crochet, and commonly used crochet pattern abbreviations. If you are a total newbie or need a refresher, consider attending one of our Crochet 101 workshops, or if you're looking for a simpler garment/intro to following a pattern, check out our Crochet a Calvin Top Workshop!
Date: select start date above (this is a five-part workshop)
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you 24-28 hours before the workshop.
Cost: $125, supplies not included (please see list above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kat Petrillo is an artist and educator residing in Long Island City. Her studio practice focuses on fiber based crafts including crochet, knitting, punch needle rug hooking, and embroidery. You can find her and her beloved cat, Wallace, on Instagram @TheStitchingPoint