Sew Pajama Shorts Workshop
Get ready for summer relaxation by sewing your your own boxer-style pajama shorts! In this fun, advanced-beginner workshop, you'll learn to sew a pair of elastic-waist shorts from start to finish!
The workshop will include a pattern with sizes to fit women, men, and children, so you can make pj's for yourself, for someone special... or just go ahead and make a matching set for the whole family!
You'll leave class with one finished pair of boxer-style shorts, a pattern that is yours to keep, and the know-how to sew more garments on your own.
We'll have cute, colorful cotton fabric available purchase -- students will pick any print they like for custom results! Pom-pom trim hem is optional.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Sew a simple garment from a commercial pattern
- Measure the body accurately to create a perfect fit
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from tissue paper pattern pieces, and more
- Understand garment sewing basics such as proper fabric prep, pinning, cutting, ironing and trouble shooting
- Cut fabric and assemble a garment the right way
- Understand how to construct pants, plus how to make a waistband and hem.
The shorts pattern will be provided in class and is yours to keep!
Skill requirements: This is a beginner garment sewing workshop; you do not need to have any experience sewing clothing, but you must have basic machine-sewing skills. Our Sewing 101 class (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for this class. If you're unsure whether you have enough sewing experience for this class, please email us at email@example.com and we will help you decide if this class is for you.
Date: select date above
Time: select time above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company’s NEW LOCATION, 165 Greenpoint Avenue (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $75 includes pattern and use of our BERNINA sewing machines. Does NOT include fabric-- All required materials will be available for purchase during class at a 10% discount.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.