Loom Weaving Level 2
Take your weaving skills to the next level! In this advanced beginner class, you can build upon basic weaving skills as you learn special stitches and techniques to lend tons of texture and original design to your tapestry weaving.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to craft precise geometric shapes such as circles and triangles
- How to sew in notions
- How to add elements of embroidery
- Tips and tricks to make your weaving look great, including how to keep your edges straight and even.
- Pile Weave (for making loops)
- How to weave with roving
- And more!
Learn to design and create your own modern, abstract, geometric, colorful, fringed, organic, anything-you-want amazing weavings!
Students should have basic familiarity with weaving, including knowledge of setting up a warp and the basic weaving stitch. If you've never woven before, we suggest taking our Mini Loom Weaving workshop as a prerequisite to this class.
- A frame loom is required for this class (At least 10", 14" or larger is ideal) Looms will be available for purchase the day of class with at 10% discount (check them out here). You may also bring your own loom with you to class if it is similar to the above frame looms.
- We will provide yarn for student use during class. If you have special yarns or specific colors you want to incorporate into your piece, you are welcome to bring your own!
Date: select date above
Time: select time above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company (here’s where we’re located)
Cost: $85 includes three hours of instruction + yarn and warp thread; does not include loom. You may bring your own frame loom or purchase one from us for 10% off.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.