VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Knit a Chunky Sweater
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Learn to knit a sweater! If you're a confident beginner who has mastered knitting basics and are looking to tackle larger projects, this virtual workshop is for you!
You might be intimidated by the thought of making a sweater....don't be! For this workshop, we'll be making a totally non-fussy sweater using chunky yarn-- meaning it will knit up quickly and only basic skills are needed. You've got this!
In this three-part workshop, we'll work to make your new favorite sweater. You will learn:
- Yarn & needle information
- How to knit the jersey stitch
- How to create a sweater body and sleeves
- How to assemble all components
- All the skills needed to construct a basic sweater from start to finish
This is three-part virtual workshop taking place on the following dates:
Tuesday 1/5 at 6:30-8:30pm
Tuesday 1/12 at 6:30-7:30pm
Tuesday 1/19 at 6:30-8:30pm
Wednesday 2/17 at 6:30-8:30pm
Wednesday 2/24 at 6:30-7:30pm (optional check-in session)
Wednesday 3/3 at 6:30-8:30pm
Materials + Tools Required:
**Save 10% when you purchase supplies on our site or at our shop with code KNITSWEATER10
- 4 - 7 balls of Crazy Sexy Wool OR Cascade Magnum OR Magnum Tweed depending on size (see chart above). If we don't have the quantity or color you need, email us (email@example.com)! We're happy to place a special order for you.
- Tape measure to determine your size
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: You must have basic knitting skills to attend this workshop, including: casting on, the knit stitch, and the purl stitch. If you are a total newbie, attend one of our Knitting 101 workshops first- register here.
Date: select start date above (this is a three-part workshop)
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor