VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Beginner Embroidery
Interested in attending but no sessions available that fit your schedule? Please fill out this form and we will notify you when new sessions are added!
Peace out and learn to embroider in this virtual embroidery workshop hosted via Zoom! In this beginner workshop, you’ll master embroidery basics as you complete a cute little peace-sign hoop designed by Marigold & Mars.
This class will cover:
- How to transfer a printed image to fabric
- What types of fabric, embroidery floss, needles and other tools are required
- How to do a basic outline stitch and filler stitch to complete your embroidered image
- How to “frame” your finished piece in an embroidery hoop
After the workshop, you'll be well on your way to a finished hoop and will have the know-how to tackle more embroidery projects on your own!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, simply add-on the supply bundle above!
- 7" embroidery hoop
- 8+ inch piece of non-stretchy, white or light colored medium weight fabric like cotton or linen
- Embroidery floss, preferably in two colors
- Embroidery Needle
- Saral transfer paper
- Pattern (if you opt to use your own supplies, the pattern will be emailed to you)
Household tools needed (not included in supply bundle):
Date & Time: select above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed after you register
Cost: $30 (materials not included; please add-on supply bundle above or see materials list)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR