VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Macramé Plant Hanger
Learn to make your own boho plant hanger in this virtual macramé class hosted via Zoom! No prior experience is needed. In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to begin a macramé piece, including an overview of necessary materials.
- How to work several different macramé knots.
- How to incorporate a wooden ring and wooden beads.
- Leave with a finished plant hanger, and the know-how to design and create more pieces on your own.
Please note: This project can be worked flat or can be worked vertically as it hangs in front of you. We like to use clothing racks to hang our works in progress from, but if you don't happen to have one of those lying around, you can get creative! Some ideas are: your shower curtain rod, a coat hook on the wall, the beams of your loft bed... you get the idea! Anywhere you can hang the cord in front of you will do the trick. Take some time before the workshop to find a comfortable spot, and keep in mind you will also need your computer or phone in sight to interact on Zoom!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, simply add-on the supply bundle above!
- One 2" wooden ring
- 3mm-4mm Macramé cord, approx. 52 yards
- Three large wooden beads with at least .5" hole
Household tools needed (not included in supply bundle):
- Masking tape (optional, but can be very helpful for passing rope through the beads!)
You can add any potted plant you'd like-- approximately 6-8" across will fit best. It's not necessary to bring your pot to class, but you can if you like! It's always fun to share the finished product with your classmates!
DATE: Select above
CLASS LENGTH: Approximately 2 hours
LOCATION: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you after you register.
COST: $30 (materials not included; please add-on supply bundle above or see materials list)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.