Quilt Block of the Month
Our Quilt Block of the Month series offers a beginner-level introduction to the world of modern patchwork quilting; each month's workshop explores a different modern patchwork block. You'll learn to make a new quilt block each month, and as the months progress, you'll accumulate enough blocks to make a sampler quilt... or use the blocks any way you choose! Each monthly class is offered a la carte, so join us anytime!
Join our Quilt Block of the Month series at any time, it's fine if you've missed some past months. Just jump in!
In this class you'll learn:
- Beginner-level quilting basics
- How to accurately cut fabric with a rotary cutter and cutting mat
- How to assemble your fabric pieces (you must have machine sewing experience; see below)
- How to iron in quilting
- The specific cutting and assembly methods used in featured block each month
- Each student will make one complete quilt block, approx 12"
- We will provide cutting mats, rotary cutters and rulers to share.
- Each student will have access to their own sewing machine courtesy of BERNINA of America.
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. Students must have basic machine sewing knowledge and be comfortable using a sewing machine. If you do not know how to sew, please take our Sewing 101 class as a prerequisite to this class.
Fabric will be available to purchase during class at a 10% discount to workshop attendees.
Date & Time: select above
Location: Brooklyn Craft Company (here's where we're located)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Giuseppe Ribaudo (AKA Giucy Giuce) learned to sew from his grandmother at a young age. In 2008 he began quilting and has never looked back. Giuseppe resides in Sunnyside, Queens and is an avid modern traditionalist quilter. He has a great passion for simple design in bright, bold colors. Check out his colorful quilting work on Instagram here!