VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Punch Needle 101
Get ready for your newest craft addiction! Learn beginner punch needle techniques as you design and make your own abstract wall hangings in this fun and relaxing virtual workshop hosted via Zoom!
In this class you'll learn:
- How to thread and punch with an Oxford Punch Needle
- How to select the right yarn for your project
- How to work with monks cloth
- How to create different textures
- How to apply traditional techniques to create a modern wall hanging
You'll work on a small wall hanging (approximately 8") and gain the know-how to create more pieces on your own! The skills learned can also be used to make pillows, rugs, and more!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, simply add-on the supply bundle above!
- #8 Oxford Punch Needle
- Monks Cloth
- Embroidery Hoop
- Yarn in a variety of weights and colors (supply bundles will include mystery colors! If you're purchasing your own yarn, please be advised that Crazy Sexy Wool and Cascade Magnum/ Magnum Tweed are too chunky for this punch needle. All of our other yarns are good to go!)
Household items needed (not included in supply bundle):
Date & Time: select date above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you after before the workshop.
Cost: $30 (materials not included; please add-on supply bundle above or see materials list)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Kat Petrillo is an artist and educator residing in Long Island City. Her studio practice focuses on fiber based crafts including crochet, knitting, punch needle rug hooking, and embroidery. You can find her and her beloved cat, Wallace, on Instagram @TheStitchingPoint