VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Loom Leaving Level II
Take your weaving skills to the next level!
In this advanced-beginner virtual workshop, you can build upon basic weaving skills as you learn special stitches and techniques that lend tons of texture and original design to your tapestry weaving.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to craft precise geometric shapes such as circles and triangles
- How to sew in notions
- How to add elements of embroidery
- Tips and tricks to make your weaving look great, including how to keep your edges straight and even.
- Pile Weave (for making loops)
- How to weave with roving
- And more!
Learn to design and create your own modern, abstract, geometric, colorful, fringed, organic, anything-you-want amazing weavings!
Students should have basic familiarity with weaving, including knowledge of setting up a warp and the basic weaving stitch. If you've never woven before, we suggest taking our Virtual Beginner Loom Weaving workshop as a prerequisite to this class.
- A basic loom. It can be a frame loom, or even a DIY loom made out of cardboard!
- Warp thread (Twine or any other strong cord you have at home could work as a substitute!)
- Tapestry Needle
- Embroidery floss
- Beads or other accessories to sew in to your work
Feel free to get creative and substitute other household items as needed!
Date & Time: select date above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Cost: $30, supplies not included (please see list of recommendations above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.