VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Modern Abstract Watercolor Painting
- Learn and practice a variety of painting techniques including: wet brush, dry brush, bloom, scumbling, and blotting
- Learn how to create texture in your paintings using materials including: salt, plastic wrap, crayon and more
- Explore color mixing
- Learn about composition, from geometric to organic
- Finish class by making 1-2 original watercolor pieces
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint-- both tubes and caked watercolor work fine!
- Brushes -- we recommend trying a few different shapes and sizes
- Coarse salt (or whatever salt you have on hand!)
- Plastic wrap
- White crayon
- Paper towels
Date & Time: select above
Class Length: Approx 2 hours
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Cost: $30, supplies not included (please see list above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
Meet Your Instructor
Amanda Michele is an abstract watercolor artist. Her work often includes freeform painting combined with structured, illustrative elements. She lives in Gowanus, Brooklyn with her loving partner Matt and sweet pibble pup Molly Moopy. You can follow her work and adventures on Instagram.