VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Crochet Hexagon Motifs
Learn how to create modern, geometric crochet hexagon motifs! They're fun and easy to stitch, and finished hexies can be used as a launching pad to create tons of crochet projects. Led by instructor Kat Petrillo, in this workshop you'll learn:
- How to crochet in the round to create a hexagon shape
- How to double crochet
- How to change colors to create stripes and other fun color combos
- How to select the best yarn for this type of project
- How to join hexagons together to create blankets, pillows, accessories, and more
You'll leave with a finished hexagon or two (depending on skill level/speed) and the know-how to make more, so you can be on your way to stitching anything and everything from blankets to bags! A pattern for the pillow in the image above will be provided, as well.
Basic crochet skills are very helpful, but are not required to attend this workshop. If you are a newbie and would prefer to master the basics before tackling hexagons, join us for Crochet 101 first-- register here for our next virtual session!
Materials and Tools Required:
*Save 10% when you purchase supplies at Brooklyn Craft Company with code HEXAGON10*
- At least 1 ball of Cascade 220 or Cascade 220 Superwash. If you'd like to practice changing colors during the workshop, be sure to grab a 2nd ball. Planning to make the whole pillow after the workshop? You will need 6 balls of yarn total, each in different colors.
- Crochet Hook in size H 5mm
Date & Time: select above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed 24-48 hours before the workshop
Cost: $30 (materials not included; please see materials list above)
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kat Petrillo is an artist and educator residing in Long Island City. Her studio practice focuses on fiber based crafts including crochet, knitting, punch needle rug hooking, and embroidery. You can find her and her beloved cat, Wallace, on Instagram @TheStitchingPoint