VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: DIY Embroidered Patch
Who doesn't love a cute embroidered patch? In this two-part virtual workshop, you can learn to design and make your own patches, which you can then affix to your jean jacket, tote bag, or anything you like!
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to transfer your image to fabric and embroider the surface of your patch
- How to line the back of the patch with felt
- How to stitch a border around the perimeter of the patch to finish it
- Tons of tips and tricks for successful patch making!
This is a two-part workshop taking place on the following dates:
Sunday 11/15 at 1:30pm-3:30pm and Sunday 11/22 at 1:30pm-3:30pm.
You will have stitching homework to do between the two sessions!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, choose the "Workshop Ticket + Supply Bundle" option above!
- 3 inch embroidery hoop
- 5+ inch piece of non-stretchy, white or light colored medium-weight fabric like cotton or linen
- 5+ inch piece of felt for backing the patch
- Embroidery floss in your desired colors (the supply bundle will include one skien of black floss; add additional colors for your design here!)
- Embroidery Needle
- Saral transfer paper
- Pattern. Choose from our designs or create your own! Simple line drawings work best (see examples above); designs must be no larger than 2" x 2".
Household tools needed (not included in supply bundle):
Date & Time: Select start date above (this is the first of two sessions)
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours per session
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed after you register
Cost: $45 without supplies, $55 with supply bundle included (please choose above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR