VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Sew a Watson Bra
Learn to sew your own soft bra in this virtual sewing workshop!
Under the guidance of teacher Christine Haynes in this 3-part workshop, you'll learn the how to make a Watson Bra by Cloth Habit, custom fit to your body!
The Watson is a 70s-inspired bra perfect for lounging or dressing up! It is a very easy-to-wear style with a plunge neckline and is designed for stretch fabrics in the cups. Make it as a longline bra for a little glamour (and more lift!) or try the shorter band for a very simple day bra.
You'll learn how to:
- Work with stretch lingerie fabrics
- Apply both strap elastic and plush trim elastic
- Create adjustable bra straps with rings and sliders
- Clean finish bra seams
- Understand bra construction and gain the skills to tackle more complicated lingerie projects
This is a 3-part workshop being held on the following dates:
**Please note: each session will be recorded. A link to access the recording will be sent out within 24 hours after each session.**
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. Students must have basic machine sewing knowledge and be comfortable using a sewing machine. Previous garment sewing experience is highly recommended to enjoy success in this workshop.
Materials + Tools Required
**Save 10% on workshop supplies purchased at Brooklyn Craft Co. with code WATSON10**
- Watson Bra pattern by Cloth Habit -- Purchase the PDF pattern here!
- Brookyn Craft Co's Watson Bra Kit (includes milliskin stretch fabric, lining fabric, powernet, strap elastic, plush trim elastic, rings and sliders, hook & eye, matching thread). Please note: In order to ensure a smooth learning experience, we are requiring that all students use the kit we have created for this workshop. Lingerie supply shopping can be tricky and it's easy for newbies to end up with the wrong products, so we have intentionally selected fabric & elastics to you set you up for success. :)
- Sewing machine -- please make sure your machine is in good working order before registering for this workshop :)
Date & Time: 3 evenings-- see dates above! Please note: the date you select a the top of the page is the first of three parts for this workshop.
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed after you register
Max # of students: 8
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Christine Haynes is a Brooklyn-based sewing author, teacher, and pattern designer. Christine grew up in Saugatuck, MI, a small beach community on the southwestern coast of Lake Michigan, where the arts were part of her daily life. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the department of Film, Video, and New Media.
Her mother taught her to sew around the age of 10, and it grew from a personal hobby, until it became her main artistic outlet. After selling ready-to-wear garments for many years, Christine turned her focus to teaching others to experience the joy of making clothing for themselves through her patterns, books, and workshops.