VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Sew a Patina Blouse
Learn to make a stylish short-sleeved Patina Blouse by Friday Pattern Co!
The Patina Blouse is an essential button up blouse with a twist, and is sure to be the type of top you reach for again and again! It features a collared v-neck, full short sleeves and two neckline depth options.
In this four-part workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Measure the body accurately to create a perfect fit
- Work from a commercial pattern, including size selection, deciphering instructions, cutting from paper pattern pieces, and more
- Sew button holes, a dramatic v-neck collar, a gathered back yoke, and front darts
- Sew gathered, full short sleeves (Please note: We will only be covering the short sleeved version of this pattern. We will not be sewing the long sleeves.)
This is a four-evening workshop being held on the following dates:
Wednesday 5/18 at 6:30pm-7:30pm EST - The instructor will demo how to properly print and assemble the PDF pattern, plus how to cut the fabric. Students are to complete these steps at their own pace between the first and second session.
Friday 5/20 at 6:30-8:30pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Saturday 5/21 at 4-6pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Sunday 5/22 at 4-6pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Opening for registration Monday 4/4 at 11am!
Monday 6/6 at 6:30pm-7:30pm EST - The instructor will demo how to properly print and assemble the PDF pattern, plus how to cut the fabric. Students are to complete these steps at their own pace between the first and second session.
Wednesday 6/8 at 6:30-8:30pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Friday 6/10 at 6:30-8:30pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
Saturday 6/11 at 4-6pm EST - Students will sew along with the instructor during this session.
**There may be homework between sessions 2, 3, and 4!**
Please note this is not a learn-to-sew class. This workshop is suitable for advanced beginners who are comfortable using their sewing machine and have completed a few garment projects in the recent past.
Materials + Tools Required
**Save 10% on supplies purchased at Brooklyn Craft Co with code PATINA10**
- Patina Blouse Pattern -- Purchase here!
- 1.5 - 3.5 yards (depending on size and fabric width. See size charts above!) light to medium weight woven fabric
- Fusible interfacing
- Five 1/2-inch buttons
- 1 spool of all-purpose sewing thread
- Straight pins
- Fabric scissors or rotary cutter/mat
- Sewing machine -- please make sure your machine is in good working order before registering for this workshop.
- Iron and ironing board or mat
Date & Time: Four evenings-- see dates above! Please note: the date you select a the top of the page is the first of four parts for this workshop.
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed within 24-48 hours before the workshop begins.
Max # of students: 8
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Christine Haynes is a Brooklyn-based sewing author, teacher, and pattern designer. Christine grew up in Saugatuck, MI, a small beach community on the southwestern coast of Lake Michigan, where the arts were part of her daily life. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the department of Film, Video, and New Media.
Her mother taught her to sew around the age of 10, and it grew from a personal hobby, until it became her main artistic outlet. After selling ready-to-wear garments for many years, Christine turned her focus to teaching others to experience the joy of making clothing for themselves through her patterns, books, and workshops.