VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Floral Embroidery
Kick your embroidery skills up a notch in this virtual workshop! Learn how to add texture and depth to your needlework while you make your way through a lovely, floral stitch sampler.
Led by Brooklyn-based embroidery artist Angela Stewart, this workshop will cover:
- Methods for transferring a printed image to fabric
- How to create several embroidery stitches including fishbone stitch, stem stitch, woven wheel and french knots
- How to use these stitches to create texture
You’ll leave with the know-how to finish your first floral embroidery project, similar to the image above, plus the skills to tackle more advanced hoops on your own! Previous experience with basic embroidery is not required, but it can be useful! If you've never done any type of stitching before, or if basic hand sewing feels very out of your element, consider joining us for a Beginner Embroidery Workshop to get comfortable with the basics!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, choose the "Workshop Ticket + Supply Bundle" option above!
- 5" embroidery hoop
- 7+ inch piece of non-stretchy, white, medium-weight cotton fabric
- Embroidery floss, preferably in four colors
- Embroidery Needle
- Water soluble marking pen
- Pattern (if you opt to use your own supplies, the pattern will be emailed to you)
Household tools needed (not included in supply bundle):
Date & Time: select above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: Anywhere! This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed before the workshop
Cost: $30 without supplies, $50 with supply bundle included (please choose above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR