VIRTUAL WORKSHOP: Beginner Loom Weaving
Catch weaver fever! Learn tapestry weaving as you design and make your own mini, woven wall hangings in this fun and relaxing virtual workshop hosted via Zoom! Total beginners welcome!
In this class you'll learn:
- How to make a simple DIY loom from cardboard
- How to set up the warp thread on your loom
- How to do weaving stitches including plain weave, soumak, and rya knots
- How to add fringe and tassels
- How to incorporate a variety of fiber weights and textures
- How to plan and execute your own design
You'll work on a small weaving and walk away with the know-how to create more woven pieces on your own!
Materials needed for the project are listed below. If you don't have these materials on hand, choose the "Workshop Ticket + Supply Bundle" option above and we will ship them to you!
- Warp thread
- Yarn in a variety of weights and colors
- Tapestry needle
- Wooden dowel or similar item to hang your finished piece
Household items needed (not included in supply bundle):
- A small piece of cardboard to make into a DIY loom-- roughly 5x7" is ideal. Any old shipping box will do!
- Pencil or pen
- Ruler or measuring tape
Date & Time: select date above
Class Length: Approximately 2 hours
Location: This workshop will be hosted virtually via Zoom! Details will be emailed to you after you register.
Cost: $30 without supplies, $55 with supply bundle included (please choose above)
All class registrations are final; please view our policy for more information.